Adam came home yesterday from his Saturday class and told me, “I need you to get dressed in something very nice and be ready to go somewhere special by 6pm”
“Huh?” I was confused. We had already planned our day. My goals for the day were to put a second coat of paint in Aidan’s room and review our budget for the week. What was he talking about?
Adam smiled a smile only Adam can give when he is excited about something and KNOWS he has baffled me.
So I continued painting in a baffled state, thank fully I was painting a white wall so there wasn’t much to mess up. From time to time I’d wonder downstairs to where Adam was working on some things.
“What should I wear?” – and Adam would give me a few ideas that he had seen in the closet.
“You got tickets for something, huh?” – and Adam would gently let me know it was a good thing and to not worry.
After I finished painting the bed room I began getting ready, I took a long bath and decided that I would really go all the way and go for an evening gown.
Still baffled, my husband began getting ready as I was finishing up.
“Is it an opera?” – and Adam smiled, “no, not an opera”
We took Aidan over to our incredible neighbors Amy and Matt who watched him for the evening and headed to down town Sacramento where it was revealed to me that Adam’s very generous friends Jen and Steve had two tickets for us to see the symphony. It was an incredible evening! It has been so long since I have been to the symphony, and I drank in every minute of it. I was so in awe of the beautiful music and the talents of the musicians
(OK, so this was a silly re-enactment of the receiving of the tickets, but you get the idea)
As I have been struggling this last week with not knowing what God has for Adam and I, I reflect on this weekend and think, MAN, I am so silly. The way I act with God is how I acted with Adam.
“God, are we going to be ok?” – and God gently lets me know he has me in his hands. (Psalms 31:15; Psalm 138:8)
“God, how will we handle all of this?” – and God smiles, he lets me know he will care for us (Psalm 95:7)
Every time I get to where God is taking me, even though I am not sure where he is leading, he takes my breath away and I fall down on my knees in awe of him who has taken me there. So I keep taking steps forward to see what surprises God has for us!
("My name is Weber, . . . . Adam Weber")
Very cute Angei . . . and a good reminder of God's providence and taking care of us exceedingly and abundantly more than we ask or imagine.
ReplyDelete:) Very cool.
ReplyDelete