Monday, February 8, 2010

Kidd-less weekend




Starting on Friday afternoon Adam and I had a rare weekend of not having any kids home all weekend.  There was no way we weren't going to take advantage of the much needed R & R time together.  
Once a week Adam and I try to make sure we have a date, it doesn't have to cost anything, but it is time specifically for us to just spend together alone, and away from the house.  So Saturday we made our Date DAY!!!  (Ya ladies, I am one lucky gal).  Adam has learned to be very frugal in this time of neither of us having a job, as he found a coupon for breakfast for us to go to Home Town Buffet and spend $7.58 for the two of us to have all we could eat and drink!  It was good food, and neither of us had to do clean up!

Adam had also found out earlier in the week that all of Sacramento's museums would be free on Saturday, so we packed a pick-nick lunch and headed downtown.  It was a lot of fun; we took our time and enjoyed learning about the people of California, including Andrew Grove, who helped start Intel Corporation.  I now have a great deal of respect for this survivor of the Holocaust and the Hungarian Revolution. 

Adam and I also spent some time at the Capitol and in Capitol Park.  We reflected deeply as we viewed the Vietnam Memorial in capitol park and spent time reflecting on how blessed we are in our freedom and the cost that has been paid for it.  . . . . We also spent a few goofy minuets enjoying the uniqueness of living in California; I have never lived somewhere where Palm trees and Orange trees grow in city parks!  

Our evening was then a romantic movie out to see "The Blind Side".  This was a GREAT movie, it is one we will probably buy when it comes out on DVD, a MUST see.   (Thank you Nick and Kaleigh for your generosity of the movie tickets!)

This whole weekend really has been incredible little time of R and R as yesterday we went to church and then spent the Super bowl relaxing with our neighbors, who are special gifts from God to us!  Adam and I are now refreshed, and ready to face another month. 

You know, I am never quite sure why God has given me SO much, but I bask in his grace and gifts and pray that Adam and I are able to use these gifts God has blessed us with to bless others!


(P.S. Our total out of pocket expense for our date day was $12.08, including the cost of gas!)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So glad you had a fun, creative day to yourselves! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

 

gold parties